Menu Planning Central

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thankful Thursday 8/9/07

Today, on this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for:

My husband--for his faithfulness to his family.

My children--I love them more than I can possibly ever say.

For trials the Lord has recently given our family--despite the great pain caused by these trials, the Lord has shown us how to work toward improving things for the better and how to depend on Him more.

For discernment the Holy Spirit provides and the ability to listen to it.

For the incredibly special hugs my 18-month old loves to give me and his siblings and daddy! :)

For the privilege of homeschooling and the closeness it brings to our family.

For my faith and the small amount of hope the Lord has given me regarding a very personal and delicate matter involving someone I love very much AND the fact that I'm clinging onto it with all of my being and depending completely on the Lord to carry all of us through this situation.

All American Soldiers/Military and the extreme sacrifices they have made and continue to make each and everyday so that I can live here in a free country with my family.

For the restored relationship with my husband's parents.

For time spent with my extended family and my husband's parents.

For computers and the web that allows me the opportunity to try to supplement my husband's income and communicate with other ladies at the same time.

For BLOGS and all the wonderful ladies who run them and all the help and support they provide to others through their blogs.

For our air conditioner and that it is STILL working properly despite it's age.

For this "Thankful Thursday" activity and the fact that it forces me to STOP and see the many blessings God gives me.

If you'd like to participate in "Thankful Thursday" or just read other lists, visit Sting My Heart.

8 Comments:

sharon brobst said...

Wonderful list...blessings.

Andie said...

Wonderful list. I am also thankful for our AC...old, but cooling. We do think ours is starting to fail...it takes a LONG time to reach a certain point, but it is still trucking.
Blessings to you-Andie

Melissa Sheldon said...

Loved your list!

Denise said...

Such a nice thankful list, bless you dear.

Anonymous said...

What a loving list as always- you are such an amazing child of God and I am truly blessed to have you as a friend! TAG, you're it for a cute meme....come by my blog for details.

on the Rock said...

I am thankful for all that you've shared:)
God Bless!

Changed by His Love said...

Considering the heat, I am surprised that everyone didn't put air conditioning down! :) hee hee. Great list. Have a great weeekend.

eph2810 said...

Although I do not like our Lord's sifting, I know it is necessary to grow in our faith and our walk with Him.
I think ages 1-4 are the perfect age-- okay so that is my personal opinion - lol...
I am glad that you had the chance to a restored relationship with your in-laws.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Menu Planning Central