Menu Planning Central

Friday, May 4, 2007

So Glad!

Well, I went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday. He said I still have fluid/blood around the joint, but it should go away gradually. After examining my knee, he actually doesn't think I tore a ligament afterall. Instead, he thinks I dislocated my kneecap! LOL, I didn't even know that was possible! He thinks it must have popped out of place and then popped right back in again. He said he is crossing his fingers that it'll heal all by itself. He still wants me to wear the immobilizer leg brace and use the crutches, but gradually wean myself from using them a little bit each day.

Oh, he also told me to start doing leg lifts to strengthen my upper thigh muscle (which will help strengthen the knee) and I should do these exercises until I can do 100 of them at once. Well, it has been YEARS since I've been able to do 100 of anything LOL!. I'm supposed to go back to see him again in a week.

So, praise God, because this is fabulous news!!! I was really nervous since my husband said he had heard most torn ligament injuries require surgery to repair. I'm so glad for this new news! :)

Today was a beeeeautiful day with a pretty blue sky and lots of SUNSHINE! It was perfect. I put out the bird bath, some garden stones/decorations, and decorative little flags.

We also put out the hummingbird and oriole feeders. I cannot believe they will be here in just a day or two (or three)! The time goes by so quickly. :(

My mom sent over some sunflower seeds, potting soil, and little planter trays. The kids enjoyed themselves as they planted and watered their seeds. :) I just hope they grow!!!

0 Comments:

Menu Planning Central