Menu Planning Central

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Busy Saturday

We usually stay at home and clean, clean, clean on Saturdays. Today was much different though. We went to a wedding at church and then to my great nephew's First Communion party.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous today too. I was able to spend a few minutes outside to weed a small area of my flower garden. I'm always amazed that year after year, there are so many weeds! I don't mind weeding though...to me, it is actually therapeutic. I love to feel the sun shining down on my body as I listen to the birds in the trees and on the bird feeders which are also in my flower garden. As long as I don't come across any snakes, I don't mind weeding LOL.

The wedding was lovely. It amazes me to see this couple get married so young. The bride is 19 and I believe the groom is 22 or 23. Funny though, when my husband and I got married, I was 19 and he was 24. Somehow, this couple just seemed so much younger. The bride is the only daughter in her family and it was kind of sad to think about as I watched her father walk her down the aisle ever so SLOWLY. She, on the other hand, was walking about 3 steps ahead of him, almost pulling HIM down the aisle LOL. As I watched them, I thought about my one and only daughter and how my husband may be walking HER down the aisle someday. What a bitter-sweet thought!!! The bride and groom are the children of friends of ours from church and I think it is great that they both grew up in this church and today they were married in it. I certainly hope they'll enjoy a long marriage filled with God's blessings! :)

The kids had a great time at my niece's house. There were lots of kids to play with, mostly other boys. My boys enjoyed having other boys to play sports with. My niece also has a paved driveway (which we do not have :( ) so the kids really enjoyed skateboarding, riding bikes, and playing street hockey on it. As I said, the weather was perfect and we all enjoyed the time outdoors!

Before we went home, we hit the mall which was right around the corner from my niece's house. The store where my daughter got her ears pierced at had a sale...buy 2 pairs of earrings, get 1 pair FREE. So, since it has been about 2 or 2 1/2 months since she had her ears pierced, I figured it was time to get her another pair of earrings. LOL, decisions, decisions...it can be such a difficult task for a 9 year old girl to pick out just a few pairs of earrings and leave the rest for another time!

0 Comments:

Menu Planning Central