Menu Planning Central

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Wow, A New Hope!

As I sit here still drinking my morning coffee (being oh so careful to NOT let it get spilled on the computer!!!) I love to visit other blogs and read/learn about different things. Well, I just found this awesome looking organization blog named I'm An Organizing Junkie! and I felt a sense of "hope" come over me as I glanced through it!

You see, once upon a time, (long ago) I used to be a very obsessed organized perfectionist individual who was "on top" of things and managed a very nice, orderly home. Really, I did! I did a fairly good job at keeping an organized home even when having 3 or 4 and even 5 children. However, somewhere between child #5 and #6, something drastic happened and I was completely changed!

Gone were the days of knowing exactly where items were when needed, things that were put away after being used, clothes sorted/purged according to size or season, bills/receipts filed, etc. Rather, sadly enough, I went to the "other side!" :(

Now I'm not proud of this change, in fact, I'm rather disgusted of it, not to mention embarrassed to say the least. Whenever I'd comment on this situation, people would often say "Well, you have 6 kids, what do you expect?" I admit that it has been quite some time since I've expected perfection anywhere in my home but I should at least be somewhat organized still don't you think?

Well, I have been living on this "other side" for quite some time now and I have to admit I wasn't making much any effort to correct this huge change in my life until just recently. Granted there have been some things that came up unexpectedly (another miscarriage which was so devastating and brought an enormous amount of depression with it after the fact, difficulties with my eldest son as he began the transition into teenage hood, taking in a slew of miscellaneous pets from unwanted situations, spending way too much time on the internet trying to "kill" the pain, etc.) but I think I've recently realized that I used these things more or less as an "excuse" and I certainly have NOT managed things appropriately during this time.

So, when I saw this organizing blog today, I decided to click on it and see what it was like and I'm glad I did. It's funny because even two months ago, if I had come across this blog or even the words "organization" or "organizing", I would have run FAR away and FAST!

So, ultimately, I have to give the glory and honor to my Lord Jesus Christ for giving me the discernment to even realize this fault in my life AND to have the true desire to want to change and correct it. Visiting this site has given me a bit of hope and I plan to read through some of the entries there and I hope I'll be able to make a good "head start" at correcting this fault in my life and in my home. I'm both glad and grateful that the Lord has begun to change this in me (and I know my family is too!) :)

0 Comments:

Menu Planning Central